Appt Corporation has joined social enterprise Business Education Events in its work to bridge the gap between young people in education and the world of work by signing up to the ‘Ealing Specialist Careers Cluster’ project. This is one of twelve projects across London designed to improve the quality of career advice in both special needs and mainstream secondary schools.
The key aim of the project is to encourage schools and businesses to learn from each other. While students benefit from attending career events, where they can speak to members of staff and gain a better understanding of life after education, businesses such as Appt Corporation can develop a greater appreciation of the hidden and visible disabilities among some staff members that may be present within a company.
Atul Pathak, the Managing Director of Appt Corp said: “I am very excited to be working with these young people and to be able to provide them with an insight into the world of work and how a business of this size and is still focused on each local community it serves. There is a lot we can learn from the students and I am confident our involvement will be a positive one for both us and them.”
- Ealing McDonald’s Arati helps out at Dormers Wells Community School
- Southall McDonald’s hosts a visit from the youngsters of St Ann’s School
- Appt helps residents in Windsor refurbish local community centre
- Appt Corporation Wins Apprenticeship Champion at National Family Business Awards 2017
- Appt Corporation receives “Franchise of the Year” at the West London Business Awards 2017